Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Export Customs Clearance in China refers to the procedures that should be performed in accordance with various laws, regulations and regulations when importing, exporting or transshipment cargo enter and exit the customs borders of different countries. Customs clearance process Handle customs declaration, inspection, taxation and release
Table of Contents
- 1 China Europe railway
There are three types of customs clearance: port customs clearance, bonded warehouse clearance, and customs clearance at the bonded warehouse.
- Port customs clearance: It is suitable for the customs clearance of the entire container with a single product, and the product certification is complete, and the non-Amazon warehouse address is sent. The advantage is that the customs clearance speed is fast, and there is no need to tow the fare and unload the container back to the bonded warehouse, and it can be delivered directly after customs clearance. The disadvantage is that in case of inspection, the detention fee is very high and the time is uncontrollable.
- Bonded warehouse customs clearance: It is suitable for many situations in which the orders are divided into one cabinet. The goods that have been cleared can be dispatched, and the goods that have not been cleared are deducted in the warehouse. The timeliness between sub-orders does not affect each other, and demurrage fees and demurrage fees can also be avoided. Toka fees and unloading fees will increase costs, but the overall risk is low.
- Pull back to the bonded warehouse for customs clearance after inspection: At present, the port of Hamburg, Germany has agreed to the customs clearance method in order to avoid the port congestion. After the notification of the street inspection of the container cleared directly by the port, the goods can be brought back to the bonded warehouse for inspection after negotiation with the customs. Not every gate is applicable, and Frankfurt Airport does not allow this method.
Customs office in China http://english.customs.gov.cn/
Customs clearance code in Rail freight | ATB, ATA & ATC
What is ATB ? German full name: ATLAS NUMMER
AT is the German customs electronic system ATLAS here, B is the code name, 15 represents a temporary number for applying for customs declaration, indicating that the customs has obtained temporary permission and has not yet cleared the customs. The first registration of goods entering the European Union is the forecast of the goods, which is generally used to register the whole shipment. A container is an ATB number.
What is ATA
The customs clearance bank divides ATB into ATA according to the order. The ATA number declares the goods of each sub-order, which needs to be accurate to the weight of the goods, the number of pieces, the customs code, the exporter, the importer, and other information. ATA only registers sub-contract goods and does not enter the customs clearance process.
After the customs accepts it, the ATA number will be automatically converted into an ATC number. The presence of ATC means customs acceptance, regardless of whether it is released or not. ATC search will be used for all subsequent transactions with customs.
3. Matters needing attention in customs clearance code
* AT is Atlas system, C is separate customs clearance
Such as: AT/C/40/123456/03/2011/4851, 21 digits, 7 segments
40 is the fixed number of the ATC number, the last 6 digits are the index number, then the month of acceptance, the year of acceptance, and the last 4 digits are the code of the customs area, for example, the Hamburg customs is 4851.
* Month and year are not necessarily the time of customs clearance. For example, if the goods are inspected at the end of December 2019 but are cleared out at the beginning of January 2020, the ATC number will be 12/2019 instead of 01/2020.
* An ATC number is valid for 3 months. If you need to return, destroy or rectify the goods, it must be completed within 3 months, otherwise the number will be invalid automatically.
* Note: The original ATC can be used directly for rectification and rectification completed within 3 months, no additional application is required, and it can be checked by the customs. If it is not completed within 3 months, the original ATB shall be used for re-declaration.
reasons for customs clearance Inspection
- Importer information: Check whether the product importer information is complete, especially if the company has an offshore tax number. Taking into account the product quality assurance, a single product returned by the customer for repair and no importer information does not comply with the EU product circulation quality assurance regulations.
- Value and brand: If there is any objection to the declared value, you need to see whether the product is under-reported; for the product brand, you need to see whether there is any infringement suspected in the product.
- Electronic products: Whether the product is safe, such as whether there is a risk of leakage after power-on; whether the certification is compliant, if there is CE; whether the product has a German manual; whether the product label is compliant, such as whether there is a manufacturer, importer, or European generation And other information.
- Textiles (clothing, luggage): Whether the chemical additives exceed the standard, whether it is harmful to the skin; whether there is a washing mark, whether the composition, process and washing requirements of the product are clearly written.
Several possibilities after customs inspection
- Offshore tax issues: The offshore tax number can only be cleared 10 times without the guarantee of a local EU company-you need to find a local EU company as an indirect agent to guarantee the tax of the offshore company in order to clear customs without restrictions.
- Declaration issues: Customs actively adjusts the value of the goods according to the market value; the customs forces the importer to change the price; the customs requires the issuance of procurement contracts, invoices, transportation costs and other documents-the customs has a three-year prosecution period for goods, and tariffs can be based on The EU tariff rate will be adjusted, and additional tariffs will be paid on goods that have been cleared within three years.
- Product problems: products that have not been certified cannot be cleared; textiles with excessive chemical composition or no washing standards cannot be cleared; product infringement or piracy cannot be cleared-the product can be returned if it has quality or certification problems. If it is pirated and infringed, the customs will destroy it compulsorily and will not return it.
- Packaging problem: the product does not have a manufacturer; there is no importer information; the model is unknown; the CE mark is not strong or there is no CE certification; there is no German manual-if it is the reason for the manual, it can basically be rectified in the warehouse without returning the shipment .
Relevant product certification regulations
- Electronic and electrical appliances: CE certification; nameplate (display product name, model, CE mark, manufacturer information); manual (content includes product safety, instructions for use, etc.).
- Toys: comply with EN71 standard (safety test and chemical test); comply with toy directive 88/378/EEC; German manual; nameplate; importer information and manufacturer.
- Adult products: purely charged products are classified as electronic products, according to electronic product standards; if they are liquids, they are classified as cosmetics, and production environment monitoring and product component monitoring are required; precautions are described in the manual; the packaging is plastic , The plastic recycling mark is required.
- Textiles: Washable label (whether it can be hand-washed, ironed, etc.); cost table; chemical category (whether the main components are in compliance with regulations and do not contain toxic substances).